I needed something to blog about and I saw this on Rebecca’s blog. I know most of you know a lot about me, so I’m going to TRY to tell you 7 things that you may not know.
1. I would absolutely love to see Journey and/or Coldplay in concert.
2. Brent and I are trying to pay down our debt…everything but the house. We are very fortunate that our parents are paying our student loans, so our debt isn’t an incredible amount. But, I’ve taken a major pay cut since I had to take maternity leave this year so things are much tighter than normal. This means that we have to account for everything in our budget, down to gift wrap (no, I don’t have a fund in my budget called “gift wrap” but I do have a miscellaneous fund for random purchases). It also means that we have to eat whatever is in the kitchen, which KILLS me because I love to plan menus and cook. It’s completely manageable, if we stick strictly to our budget. I’m telling you this so you can hold us accountable and pray for us. Prior to this decision, we bought a new sofa, ottoman, and rug for our living room (no worries, with cash). Now, the accessories don’t match and it drives me NUTS! But we don’t have money in our budget for new lamps, mirror, paint, etc. So I have to be like Paul and learn to be content in any circumstance.
3. I have had SIX jobs since I graduated from college less than 3 years ago. It all started with our move from Fort Myers back to AL . It’s was just a crazy journey for God to get me right where He wanted me. I think I’ll stick with the job I have now 🙂
4. I do not want Lily to go to public school. I’m the product of 12 years of a public school and I turned out fine. But, things have changed since then. I know there are some wonderful Christian teachers in public schools, especially in the South (some of them are my best friends), but if we can afford it, Lily will be going to a private Christian school. Fortunately, if I am still working where I am now when she starts school, she can go to a private school for free! I will seriously consider homeschooling before I make the decision to put her in public school and I do not like the idea of homeschooling (let me clarify, I don’t like the idea of homeschooling for my family, it certainly is a great idea for other families). If the Lord wants her in a public school, then that’s where she will be. It’s really not up to me.
5. No amount of tiredness compares to the sleep deprivation of a mother/father. Anytime prior to Lily that I thought I was tired…wow, I was SO far from being tired! On top of being up at all odd hours of the night, I have always been a very light sleeper and sometimes I don’t sleep at all. There are some nights that I am completely restless for 2-3 hours at a time. No exaggeration, ask Brent. I sometimes wake him up when I’m having a fight with the sheets or pillow because I’m so irritated.
6. My only regret in life: not videotaping Lily’s birth. Brent took plenty of pics, but no video. Since I had a c-section, I thought I would be too exposed so we didn’t bring the video camera in the OR. I absolutely hate that. And I hate being reminded of it, so let’s move on…
7. I’ve never really had a hairdresser until I moved here. I love my hairdresser. Her name is Kari. She is from Seattle, WA, has 3 girls (maybe 2, I can’t remember), and has curly hair just like me. I could probably spend less on a haircut, but I really like her and have always loved what she does with my hair…not to mention that I get a scalp massage every time I have an appointment!
So, what are 7 random things about you that NO one knows???