Who knew back in 5th grade when I played MASH that I would actually marry one of the boys I always wrote down for my husband? Who knew that when I played LIFE in 7th grade that the boy I imagined was driving my mini van would actually drive my mini van with our daughter in tow?
Today marks mine and Brent’s third wedding anniversary. I know 3 years isn’t much to talk about in the grand scheme of things, but the past 3 years have been so crazy and unpredictable that it feels like a lot longer (in a good way). We’ve experienced a speedy and completely unexpected move from Fort Myers back to Alabama, we (mostly I) have been through SEVERAL job changes, and now a baby. Thankfully, I finally feel like our lives are starting to settle down a little more. Maybe that’s because for the first time since I graduated from college I will have the same teaching position next school year and won’t have to spend my summer looking for a job. Not sure what that feels like, but I’m sure it will be nice 🙂
Here are a few of the thousands of reasons why I love Brent:
1. He is always patient with me…and there’s no exaggeration there. ALWAYS.
2. He makes me laugh until my sides hurt and I can’t see for the tears in my eyes.
3. His favorite time with Lily is when she is fussy and needs to be rocked to sleep. (C’mon girls, how many guys want to be with a fussy baby? Very few).
4. He likes to go with me to the grocery store just so he can spend time with me.
5. He likes to cook in the kitchen with me, even if it’s just mac n cheese.
6. He understands that Lily is OUR child and he shares responsibilities with me willingly, lovingly, and with initiative.
7. He loves me unconditionally. This is super important to me because I can be a brat. Just ask anyone in my family and they will quickly agree.
8. It takes a lot to make him angry and raise his voice. It rarely happens.
9. He brings out the best in me.
10. We are on the same page about everything–parenting, money, family, priorities, etc.
11. He reads blogs, articles, and websites and keeps up to date on the latest electronic/technology products and reviews. I don’t care for it, but I love that he does.
12. He is a HARD worker. He gives 110% to everything he does.
13. He is selfless and sacrificial.
14. He is constantly thinking about his Christmas wish list for next year.
15. He would lay down his life for his family.
16. He calls me Bjean (short for Brittany Jean, not Billie Jean)
17. Most importantly…he loves me like Christ.
Happy Anniversary Brent! I love you!