Oh Michael Scott,
My favorite little boy ever. You are two and a half today and in my favorite stage of toddlerhood. You are becoming your own little person and it is just the funnest thing. There is something very special between you and me. I imagine it’s the same special bond your daddy has with your sisters. I love being a boy mom. Lily can probably be a witness to this, but I think I do better at toddler boy things than I did with toddler girl things. Cars, trains, and planes are my jam. Dolls and dress up? Not so much. You’re my only boy and that makes me very sad sometimes. I just want to soak up every bit of this stage you are in because I won’t get to do it again with another little VK boy in the future. I don’t want your toddler years to pass. Just stay two forever, k? I know, I know, there is much more to look forward to as you get older, but right now, today, in this very moment, I want you to stay two. Because you’re fun. You’re joyful. You’re silly. You’re kind. You’re loving. You’re just the greatest toddler boy I know. Being your mom is a wonderful blessing and I love watching you be every bit of a two year old boy.
Favorite Toy: Hands down, the “bayan” wins any contest as being your favorite toy. You load it up with anything small enough to to fit inside and drive it all over the house. Also, anything that moves: cars, trains, planes, trucks, tractors, etc.
Favorite Activity: Parking all those things that move. You went through a phase where you had to park at least 20 of your cars before we did anything or went anywhere. You also love to watercolor and kick the soccer ball.
Favorite Movie: You don’t have a favorite movie yet, but some that you like to watch are Toy Story, The Incredibles, and the fire truck movie that came with a book you have
Favorite Show: Paw Patrol and Miles from Tomorrowland
Favorite Chore: Feeding Sanibel
Favorite Song: Wheels on the Bus
Favorite Food: “choc chips in bolt” (chocolate chips in a bowl), clementines, bananas, “feevees” (squeezies)
Favorite Bible Story/Verse: You love anything with Baby Jesus
Best Friends: Parker, Noelle, Samuel, Silas, Emmi, Ryan, and Nathaniel
What You Want to Be When You Grow Up: I asked you and you pouted at me and said “NO I WANT JUICE!!” so I don’t think I’m going to get an answer from you on this one.
Make Believe Friends: You don’t have any yet
Funny Moment: You overheard your daddy say “dadgummit” during an Auburn game one Saturday and you instantly knew it was something he shouldn’t have said. So what did you do? Started saying it of course. No matter how many times we said “no” you insisted on saying the phrase. The phrase became “no dummit” for you and we began ignoring you every time you said it, hoping that would do the trick. One day your daddy wasn’t at the house and you asked me where he was. I said, “He went to buy a new gun.” You said, “He buy more dummits?” So now you think “dummits” are guns.
Our favorites about you right now:
1) You love to tell secrets then laugh about it
2) You love to lay on the couch with “tovers” and watch a show
3) “Bird poop” is your default answer. What’s in your diaper? Bird poop. What’s that smell? Bird poop. What’s on your shirt? Bird poop. What are you eating? Bird poop. What are you playing with? Bird poop. What does Ruby have? Bird poop.
4) Speaking of Ruby, you adore her and you help Mommy and Daddy take good care of her from getting her paci or a burp cloth when we need it, to laying on her mat with her and keeping her happy.
5) Parking and counting cars. You are obsessed with counting things, especially all the cars you line up perfectly.
6) “Don’t weave Mommy!” how can I not love to hear this?
7) Two words we love to hear you say: “sweebs” and “feevees” (sleeves and squeezies)
8) Weeyay (your name for Lily)
9) Whenever we ask you to do something, you always insist on doing something else “hirs” (first).
10) When you are ugly to your sisters, you are the sweetest little thing when you finally come around to apologizing.
11) You love to be a helper. You jump at any chance to help when we need it. You will even fight Lily for the chance to help us.
12) When you ask all of your questions with a falsetto voice. It cracks us up.
13) When it starts to get dark outside, you say, “Is it dark tonight?”
14) When you say “Whateber”
15) If you don’t want to do something, you say it’s “too hebby” (too heavy).
I had a really hard time choosing which pictures to include.
This is THE toy of the year! The “bayan”
Dancing with Lily at Granny Rosie’s house on Christmas
You love to build towers and think it’s hysterical when they fall.
You think she’s pretty awesome
Speaking of awesome…
That time Mary took Joseph, baby Jesus, and the wise men to the store in her bayan to buy more “chickens and meat”.
Headed to your first day of school with cars in your hand, of course. You look thrilled.
The curls, the blue eyes, and the blue tongue. LOVE!
Uncle Ben took you for a ride in Uncle LaDaryl’s Jeep (you have a thing for Jeeps and can spot them anywhere)
Your first hair cut. The chair was “too hebby” and you refused to sit in it, even in Daddy’s lap. We played a Disney show on the phone while the hairdresser crawled around on the floor to trim your curls.
All the cars lined up and ready for a good night’s sleep
So overjoyed about Ruby!
It’s inevitable, you are going to grow, change, and get older. It’s okay. I’ll love whatever stage you are in because I love you. One thing that you must not change is your kindness. Keep it up. That is a characteristic this world needs.
I pray that you will begin to understand sin, see your own, and recognize your need for Jesus. He’s your only hope! I pray for you to have a heart that loves Jesus and desires to make Him known among the nations. I pray you will be strong and courageous and dare to do great things.
Keep on being your silly, fun-loving self. It’s the only way you will survive in our crazy family anyway.
We love you, Scott!